|Title:||Ultrasound Tech Part-time|
|Location:||Memphis, TN - Midtown|
POSITION TITLE: Ultrasound Tech
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager
Responsible for performing ultrasounds with gestational age of the fetus for surgical or medical abortion according to PPTNM's medical standards and guidelines, and quality risk management. This position is also responsible for promoting Planned Parenthood by establishing a positive and respectful interaction with patients, staff, and others. Ensures the daily operations will comply with Planned Parenthood
Federation of America (PPFA) protocols as well as all appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
Provides direct client care as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists clients through processing and prepares them for ultrasound.
- Prepares exam rooms prior to clinic and after each exam according to OSHA guidelines and PPTNM protocols regarding exposure and infection control.
- Perform ultrasounds for surgery patients, medical abortion patients, patients undecided about termination, medical abortion follow up ultrasounds, IUC placement and follow up ultrasounds for patients with problems. Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and accurately record images.
- Documents results in the client’s medical record.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for gestational purposes, making adjustments as required.
- Maintains and files medical records ensuring confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Assesses special procedures and supply clients, takes vital signs and assists clinicians with exams as needed.
- Set up, clean and restocks patient ultrasound room.
- Develops and maintains a positive work climate and contributes to the overall team effectiveness of PPTNM with demonstrable leadership skills. Represents PPTNM in the community in a positive and progressive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Certificate or certification for ultrasonography training.
EXPERIENCE: One year or more providing abdominal and pelvic ultrasounds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
- A strong commitment to the organization’s mission, goals, delivery of high quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Ability to relate to diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work with others to develop a team atmosphere.
- Familiarity with medical practice software as well as MS, Excel, and Word.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Limited voluntary benefit offerings to PT employees
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity
- Plum Benefits & Pet Insurance
- Paid Holidays
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.