|Title:||Registered Nurse (RN)|
POSITION TITLE: Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager and Lead Clinician
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi is one of Tennessee's oldest and largest private, non-profit health care agencies. For over 75 years, PPTNM has remained committed to providing high-quality, affordable reproductive services and education throughout Tennessee, north Mississippi, and parts of Arkansas and Kentucky. We have four health center locations in Tennessee - Memphis - Midtown, Memphis - Summer/I-240, Knoxville and Nashville.
Our mission is to improve health and well-being by providing high-quality, nonjudgmental sexual health care, honest and accurate sexuality education, and reproductive health and rights advocacy.
Responsible for the nursing care delivery according to Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Federal, State, and Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi (PPTNM) guidelines, including all client care, counseling and screening laboratory test results in collaboration with PPTNM’s Medical Director and clinicians.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides recovery room care and supervision in the recovery room on procedure days
- Start IV’s per MS&G’s and in case of emergencies.
- Assist physicians during abortion procedures.
- Facilitate dispensing of medications, birth control and controlled substances as directed by clinician/physician
- Provides general health supervision, health maintenance, education, and counseling to women during the life cycle
- Performs the duties of abnormal lab follow up
- Recognizes common medical problems and/or other deviations from normal and provides management or referral to clinicians as indicated
- Patient education: Evaluate patient needs for education on an individual basis and provide as necessary and appropriate and properly document
- Recognize ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing care to women throughout the life cycle
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and maintains documentation of continuing education activities required for licensure
- Inventory and maintenance: Ensure ample inventory and keep supplies in recovery room well stocked
- Monitors birth control supplies, medications and forms and advises manager when orders are needed
- Supervises health care assistants when engaged in client care services. Assists in performance appraisals, coaching, and discipline of health care assistants
- Facilitate patient referrals from Planned Parenthood to other health care systems.
- Work with health care team to meet established productivity standards for center revenue, expense/margin, patient numbers, quality, and customer service.
- Staff abortion clinic.
- Attend all staff meetings and affiliate training.
- Travel may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- This may include learning to perform ultrasounds and serve as on-call nurse to provide emergency care by responding to after hour calls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values
- Ability to relate to diverse communities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer skills desirable
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Availability to work flexible hours, as required
- Strong commitment to the goals, quality healthcare and excellent customer service
- Knowledge of medical documentation and language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Committed to PPTNM mission and ideals
- Accepts a flexible work schedule to include occasional weekend or evening hours
- Able to lift 25 lbs
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year experience as an RN; Experience in OB/GYN nursing preferred
- Current Tennessee Nursing License
- CPR Certification – ACLS and BLS
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Basic Life/AD&D, STD, LTD (Employee Only Coverage)
- Voluntary Vision, “Buy-Up” options on Basic Life, Spouse, & Dependent
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity
- Plum Benefits & Pet Insurance
- Starting PTO of 15 vacation days within first year (pro-rated based on start date), 2 Floating Holidays and 9 Paid Holidays
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.