|Title:||Patient Flow Coordinator|
POSITION TITLE: Patient Flow Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager
In conjunction with the Health Center Manager, develop a system for optimal patient flow by providing or assuring flow facilitation on a daily basis that helps meet productivity performance benchmarks, reduce patient wait times, and encourages a positive patient experience at PPTNM.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously track and prioritize charts/clients waiting and optimize room utilization, using staffing model. Ensure appropriate triage as necessary.
- Monitor and minimize wait times offering options to clients and making adjustments to services as necessary to facilitate excellent customer service and meet customer satisfaction benchmarks
- Continuously monitor and adjust staff schedules to ensure efficient delivery of service and adequate break/lunch times. This includes the authority to make changes in staffing patterns and/or duties to assure optimum flow and patient satisfaction.
- Promote continuous communication between administrative and direct patient care services team staff that creates and maintains a teamwork approach and effective customer service. Assure daily communication with the Call Center Manager to adjust schedules when necessary for walk-in availability and other appointment changes needed.
- Provide leadership of health center staff in the absence of the Health Center Manager.
- Contributes to achieving health center productivity goals.
- Demonstrates PPTNM customer service standards.
- Incorporates EMR into effective flow management.
- Assure exam rooms and supply stations are well stocked.
- With the Health Center Manager, ensure adequate staffing to meet center needs. Responsible for scheduling staff to provide efficient delivery of service. Posts and communicates daily clinic assignments.
- Support the Health Center Manager in training, motivating, monitoring and evaluating staff members. Help the Health Center Manager assess training needs; evaluate staff performance and plans of correction during training. Ensures adequate staff is trained to provide flow facilitation.
- Responsible for performing various computer tasks. Able to use MS Office programs, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Able to accurately enter data into PPTNM’s NextGen system.
- Responsible for monthly inventory count, as well as assuring adequate stocks of all supplies in the clinic
- Train, participate in supervision, and assist in evaluating CMAs/HCAs; assure adequate training for health center procedures and proper orientation of all new clinic employees.
- Assist and/or function in all aspects of family planning and abortion clinics.
- Follow all federal and state laws/ regulations governing abortion and family planning services.
- Monitor family planning and abortion services per agency guidelines.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform HCA/CMA duties efficiently when needed such as pregnancy tests, HIV results, etc.
- Complete other duties as needed to assure productivity and client satisfaction goals are met consistently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
- Alignment with the mission and values of Planned Parenthood.
- Able to demonstrate behaviors that represent the Affiliate’s Workplace Values.
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi task, solve problems and function as a leader.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills, a sense of responsibility and high level of motivation.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Flexibility in working hours, including ability to work nights and weekends.
- Commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Completion of all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
- Commitment to a client-centered approach to customer care.
- Able to work in high stress emergency situations.
- Able to function in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION: A satisfactory completion of a Medical Assistant program, Medical Assistant certification, equivalent experience, or on-the-job training.
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of work experience in a health care setting is preferred. Supervisory experience preferred or demonstrated customer service management experience. Management skills demonstrated by ability to work with multiple levels of staff and management.
- Current CPR certification
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Able to bend and stoop continuously for up to 6 hours.
- Able to work with chemicals such as alcohol, bleach, disinfectant, detergents.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds from the floor and 25 pounds overhead.
- Able to stand up to 6 hours at a time.
- Able to assist a semi-conscious adult from a wheelchair to a bed.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Basic Life/AD&D, STD, LTD (Employee Only Coverage)
- Voluntary Vision, “Buy-Up” options on Basic Life, Spouse, & Dependent
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity
- Plum Benefits & Pet Insurance
- Starting PTO of 15 vacation days within first year (pro-rated based on start date), 2 Floating Holidays and 9 Paid Holidays
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to review and change this description as needed to maintain business goals and accomplishments. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically. This job description is not a contract.
Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPTNM will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; and any subsequent revisions or additions to related law/regulations.
Employees are expected to perform duties as assigned and directed by management.